Saturday, March 19, 2011


My second card today is also using the same dragon fly stamp but I tried a new technique that I think I saw on Splitcoater Stampers. I am so sorry but I am not absolutely sure where I saw it and I would like to give credit to someone so if anyone can tell me where I saw this, please let me know. One of the things I listed about myself for my Versatile Blogger Award was that I am spending too much time on the computer. Well this is an example of that. I have to start writing things down because I definetaly do want to give credit where it is due. I also have to admit that I forgot what they called this technique, but you take a clear acrylic block and stamp the block with the ink of your choice then mist it with water and stamp it onto your card stock. I really like the effect it gives. I'll be using this technique more often now. Anyway, I got way off the track, but I stamped the dragon fly onto my card stock and just left it as is. I then mounted it onto black card stock and used a photo corner punch on two of the corners. My card base is Very Vanilla from SU and the designer paper is Basic Gray and cut on the ends with the wavy blade in my cutter. The sentiment is from SU. I added a piece of black ribbon and called it a day. I wanted to keep it clean and simple. Thank you so much for stopping by and listening to my ramblings. I really appreciate it. See you tomorrow for the sketch challenge over at Start and Stamps.

1 comment:

  1. I can help you out with this technique! it's called "Acrylic Block Watercolor" and Roxie posted the tutorial on this past Wednesdays' SCS sketch challenge SC324. Here's the link to her card and tutorial:
    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1931720?cat=500&ppuser=23790
    I tried it, but my results did NOT turn out as well as yours! Mine ended up in the el trasho! LOL This card is really cool with that great background! WTG!

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.