Monday, March 14, 2011

Think Spring


I know it is not spring just yet, but there is always wishful thinking, right? House Mouse and Friends challenge this week is to make a card that will "welcome spring". I hope this qualifies. This is my first House Mouse challenge. I used SU card stock, Lavender Lace and Whisper White. My designer paper is from one of SU's prints packs. The House Mouse stamp is titled Bird Watching. I colored it with Copics. I used both regular oval and scallop oval Nestabilities to mat the image. I sponged the edges of the image paper with Lavender Lace ink while it was still in the Nesti. I added white dots to the scallops with a White Gel Pen. I also uses a few pearl gems for some added bling. The sentiment stamp is from DeNami Designs. I stamped that in VersaMark and embossed with with some purple embossing powder. I used the corner rounder on all the layers of this card just to soften the overall look.

Thank you for spending a little time here today.

5 comments:

  1. Ooohh how lovely! The colors are a beautiful combination and I love how the oval is off set. Such a beautiful spring card!

    Thanks for playing along with the House Mouse and Friends challenge.

    Jennifer
    March guest DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just too cute!! I love the image and how you colored it, and the sponging is amazing! Gorgeous card, and hopefully it will hurry-up spring for us! It's SO cold here this morning I can't believe it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful Spring card! Love the stamp and you colored it beautifully. Pretty pastel colors for Spring.....if it ever gets here! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Nicely done.

    Hugs
    Sue Drees

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! What a Lovely, Springtime, House-Mouse creation. Fabulous coloring! Thanks so much for joining us at House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge! Hope to see you again next time!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ya
    aww a gorgeous card, beautiful colouring, lovely design, thank you for joining us at House Mouse & Friends this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.