Wednesday, April 20, 2011

S & S Midweek Throw Down


The Midweek Throw Down over at OWH's Stars & Stamps is to make a monochromatic card. For some reason that seems to be easier for me if I am making a masculine card. All of my card stock today is from Stampin Up. My image stamp is from a retired Stampin Up set titled Noble Deer. I stamped that in Close to Cocoa on some Crumb Cake card stock. The sentiment is from Hero Arts. I used a 1/4 inch punch to make the brads and added Glossy Accents for some dimension. I used Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip SU markers to dash around different areas of the card. This was an easy one for me and I can only hope some one enjoys receiving it. Thank you for stopping by. See you soon.

13 comments:

  1. Wow, just gorgeous Donna! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! I bet some guy will love getting this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is wonderful. Love all the brown and sweet texture-looks like suede with all that "stitching".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific manly card Donna. That Noble Deer set is such a classic and the faux stitching detail you've added is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great guy card you've made! I rarely do monochromatic cards because they turn out horrible! LOL Yours turned out really neat, and I love the faux stitching you did around the edges! Nice work on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! I absolutely LOVE the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! This is a fantastic card! I love your faux brads and stitching!!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful monochromatic card - I too think it is easier to do masculine cards this way.

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great Donna! Love the monochromatic effect!! So masculine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Donna! Thank you for stopping by my blog. Love your cards. I signed to follow.

    Great monochromatic! I just love them... I think they are at the top of my list of fav techniques. Great job!
    Hugs,
    marie

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.