Thursday, May 12, 2011

Father's Day Cards



Well I promised myself I would do at least five more Father's Day cards yesterday and I ended up doing ten and then I did a couple of Love You cards also for my next Operation Write Home Box which will go out tomorrow. I did not finish until around 11:00PM last night and by then I was way too tired to do a posting, so here it is this morning. These were not complicated cards I made, but what happened was I decided to make some background papers with alcohol inks and I got carried away. (That happens a lot with me) I spent several hours making papers, using just about every color combo I could think of. I now have lots more hand made background papers, YAY. Then I had to spend time shopping for all the colors of inks I didn't already have. I will not bore you with all of the cards, so I am just going to show you a few for today. As you can see one has no background paper on it, but I wanted to make the sailboat in white so I ended up with another CAS card. How I made these cards is all self explanatory but I will tell you that the sailboat is a new stamp I just got in from Stampin Up and the sentiment is also from Stampin Up. I'm off to run some errands, and hopefully back here in my little sanctuary to make more cards as OWH has put out a call for more Father's Day card. If you are making some cards today maybe you could take a minute ( or longer) to make a couple more cards for OWH so those wonderful military people will have enough cards to send home to their father's. They are short some, so I want to do as many as I can before tomorrow. Have a wonderful Thursday. I know I will because starting today my Hubby has the next seven days off and that is always a nice thing.

3 comments:

  1. Super super cute! And I need to get that SU! stamp set! Perfect for masculine cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty Donna, and I've been wanting to order this stamp set for a while now too. They sure do make gorgeous cards, and I love the backgrounds you're creating too!
    Have a super weekend and happy stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I do like those boats. Lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.