Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy Birthday



Hi Everyone,
Well my beautiful granddaughter turned 18 years old yesterday. So I thought I'd show you the card I made for her. Tonight my daughter and I are taking her out to dinner, just a girls night out. I am so looking forward to this. We are taking her to an ocean front restaurant and it is suppose to be nice weather in our neck of the woods, so please keep your fingers crossed for us. It will be a wonderful night no matter what the weather is, but it would be nice to enjoy a pretty sunset while having dinner. So my card is on a SU Whisper White card base. I made the back ground paper with Alcohol Inks and then stamped a butterfly images in black ink then mounted that on Basic Black paper. The main image is from a retired SU set titled Natural Beauty and I colored it with Copics. It is cut out with Oval and Scalloped Oval Nestabilities. The sentiment is from SU's Teeny Tiny Wishes cut out with the word window punch and mounted on a strip punched with a MS punch. I added plenty of bling and glitter to spice it up. Thanks you for stopping by today and I wish you all a happy, safe long weekend.
See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you already are fantastic with alcohol inks...and I thank you for the sweet comments on my card.

    I loved the class I took and love taking classes, when I can. Luckily, my LSS is not too far and they offer quite a few classes and bring in some great designers too. I also like to visit Jennifer's Blog and and Tim Holtz's too for even more ideas!

    We seem to like a lot of the same things. I also have this set of Stamps from SU and the punch your used too! It's a favorite!!

    Have a great night out...it's gorgeous right now and perfect for sitting out on a deck! ENJOY!!

    Lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you, your daughter and granddaughter all had a fabulous time together celebrating her birthday! AHhhh, to be 18 again :) Your card for her is beautiful and I'm sure she loved it!
    Have a wonderful holiday extended weekend!

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.