Friday, May 20, 2011

Paper, Ribbon and Gems


I'm back with a second posting for today. I'm so happy that I can get on the Internet. This card was made from just a few of the fabulous Blog Candy items that I won from Carol over at Our Little Inspirations. I have many more items to use, but I wanted to start with these for today. I already posted a card for OWH's Stars and Stamps today, but this one fits the bill also so I may enter this one too. This image, from a retired SU set, seemed to pair up pretty well with this beautiful paper, which is from Webster's Pages, and then the ribbon reminded my of boating rope, so I had the beginnings of a card. The gems, which I normally use because I love them so much, this time HAD to be used to cover a dot from a Copic Pen which did not belong. The lady's shirt is now dotted for the very same reason. I take Copic Coloring lessons from Suzanne Dean over at Color Me Creative Classroom and she taught us to never take the top off of a Copic Pen over your image because it may spot or splash and I was guilty of doing exactly that. Sorry Suzanne. I always tell people that I am not a very creative person, but I am completely experienced at covering up boo boos because I make a lot of them. Practice makes perfect, I guess. I have boo boos down to perfection. LOL "Thinking of You" would have been my choice for a sentiment for this card, but I liked the way it looked without one, so i decided not to use anything. I am happy with how this card came out and I hope Carol will be pleased to see how I used some of her blog candy. Thank you for stopping by again today to spend another minute here with me. I really appreciate it. Have a great night. HEY! The SUN just came out here. First time in 7 days. YAAAAY! I'll be back tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Donna, I love this card! The simplicity of the design makes such a huge statement. Love the paper choice -- so great with the image. Perfect for an OWH card. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really put that beautiful DP to good use with this amazing card! I never would have visualized a card designed around a piece of DP like this, but that's why we all learn from each other! Also...I only thought of that crochet trim as vintage or shabby chic, and you saw it as a nautical accent! Isn't it fun to see how people interpret and see things differently!? I LOVE it.......and I LOVE that you gave this lady a polka-dotted blouse to cover your oops! Great card my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna, Your coloring is beautiful! This card makes quite an impact/statement without a sentiment. Love the simplicity. I like the way your blog is set up. I've become a follower. Found you on my froggy designs so I stopped in. Glad I did. (Friend from Outlawz of course LOL)

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.