Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Stars & Stamps Mid Week Throw Down



Hello-
This week's Mid Week Throw Down over at Stars & Stamps is to make a card using a technique that you have not done before. I tried doing a technique called Joseph's Coat that I know has been around forever but I found it again on
Gina K Designs site. She did it different than I have seen before. I remember seeing it done using a brayer for the top coat of ink, but Gina used a dauber and I like the way it came out. It's a very good tutorial. I have decided that I like the technique, but I'm am not happy about the looks of this card at all (I should have CASED Gina's card),but hopefully some recipient will be happier with it than I am. Of course I'm sure they will be just excited to receive a card from their friend or loved one. Let's hope so. I will keep trying with different color combinations.



Thanks for stopping by. I'll see you again tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Donna, I love the layered textures your used and the leave background makes your sentiment really stand out.

    Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the card Donna. The technique looks like something I will want to try. I realized when I got to your blog that I had visited and admired it several times while venturing around the Outlawz site. You are the first blog I have ever followed. I guess I have been a stalker until now. Thank you for becoming one of my first followers. Now I don't have that sad 0 there anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this technique before - so I'll have to check it out! I like your card with the great colors and pretty DP! Nice job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.