Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Steelers B-Day Card


Hello Blogging Friends,
I did not fall off the face of the earth even though it may seem like it. I have just been so busy helping hubby enlarge our deck. I've become quite the construction worker. I have also been getting caught up on my spring cleaning, which I am very late in doing. So those are my excuses, now onto my card for today.
It was my son's 42nd birthday last week ( I don't know how that happened seeing as how I'm still just 29 myself - LOL)and he is probably the Steelers biggest fan. Has been since he was a very small boy. I made a card similar to this one a few months ago, but did not incorporate the Steelers into it. I started with Football Cocoa from Sweet N Sassy Stamps and colored him with Copic Markers. I made the football field with SU's Garden Green and Whisper White card stock.
Notice that Cocoa is on the 42nd line. The Pittsburgh Steelers was computer generated and I punched out little yellow, red and blue dots because I did not have a "star" punch to truly resemble their logo, but I think I came close enough.
The important thing was that my son got a kick out of it and that's all that counts. I will try to get back on a more regular schedule of posting. I thank you very much for taking a minute to stop by here tonight. See you soon.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your son, and I understand why he enjoyed this card so much! It was so clever to place the image on the 42nd yard line to honor him for his birthday! The Steelers logo was the perfect accent to make this card personal!
    I hope you're enjoying your summer even if you're working your tail off on that deck! I hope you'll take a photo and how us when you're finished :)
    Have a great weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and personal! Your 8 year old son is going to love it! You're such a good 29 year old mama!

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.