Wednesday, October 12, 2011

S & S Mid Week Throw Down



Our challenge today from Stars and Stamps was to make a masculine card for our heroes to send home to their family and friends. I used a digital image from Digital Two for Tuesday. They have wonderful images over there. You should go check it out. There are some nice images that don't even have to be colored if you are short on time or just have one of those days where you don't feel like coloring. You could take one of their images and just whip out a card in no time. Anyway, I colored the image with copics and matted it several times with SU papers and card stock. I used the diamond plate embossing folder which always reminds my of a garage and cars. I used an EK Success corner punch on the main image. I decided to go with this sticker for the sentiment because it fit perfectly and I wanted that touch of gold. I am so sorry I did that, but it is too late now. It really seems to stand out more in the photo than in real life. That's a real good thing. Once again I thank you for stopping by and I wish you a wonderful day. We are waiting for the rain to arrive here. See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Great guy card Donna. Your shading on that car is just awesome. It looks so real. A fabulous card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great guy card, Donna! I agree, that EF always reminds me of tires. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful masculine card! The vintage auto image is really cool looking and I love the diamond plate embossing with the notched corners! Super cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful masculine card, Donna! Love the coloring and shading. Fabulous corners on your image piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the notched corners Donna. This is a super masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really neat masculine card, I like it a lot...nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.