Sunday, October 23, 2011

S & S Sketch Challenge #92



Happy Sunday everyone, It's sunny but a little bit cool here in south eastern Ma. today. My card today is for the sketch challenge over at Stars and Stamps Blog . We were asked to make more Any Hero cards. I used a Freebee image you can find at Operation Write Home . This is our trusty mascot, Ciara proudly wearing the American Flag. I thought it was a great image to send to one of our many deployed heroes. I colored it with Copica and sponged the edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink. My Sentiment is from Hero Arts and I framed it with a Star Nestabilities. The strip of white paper was embossed with the Swiss Dot ef and the kraft paper was spritzed with Sapphire Ritzy Ditzy Glitz and then I embossed it using a Star embossing folder that I rolled Silver ink on prior to embossing. It doesn't show up too well in the photo but it kind of looks nice IRL. Three little star gems finished it off. I hope to be back tomorrow. Thanks for taking a minute to check out my blog. Enjoy your day.

12 comments:

  1. Love the coloring! I don't remember seeing this digi before. I see stars, star, and more stars! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your embossed piece matches the color that you used when distressing. I think it ties the whole card together nicely. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used that embossing folder in the background. Bet it looks pretty with the silver on nit too. Cute image and a great sketch. An adorable card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your card - and Ciara looks overjoyed to be part of it! I really want that embossing folder - it just looks totally awesome on cards - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved this image and your card is just adorable!!! Beautiful coloring and embossing on this one, and you really did this sketch challenge proud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that card, it's so happy.. woof!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those embossed stars are one of my favorite things ever! Thanks for sharing your great Ciara card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable image. I like how you colored it, and also like the repetition of the star motif in three different forms.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a really nice job of coloring. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Love how you colored the dog. Thanks for sharing how you made the background, that's a neat idea. Thanks for joining us in the OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did I miss this darling image? Love that pup and your coloring is wonderful! Fabulous embossed background. I'm hoping to find more time to do the sketches at OWH starting next week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna, Congratulations on being one of 2 winners on our OWH Blog Hop! If you haven't done so already, contact Deedee Anderson at Stamping Sunshine - last hop on the block. You'll find her e-mail addy on her blog. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.