Friday, March 30, 2012

Merry Monday Challenge #13

Hi All, This week I found out about this challenge titled  Merry Monday.  Leslie runs the challenge and the idea behind it is to give us a head start making Christmas cards and that is always a good thing.   Here is my card for this week's challenge.
As you can see it is made of  SU colors: Very Vanilla and Real Red. I used a retired SU stamp from the set titled Christmas Classics which was stamped in Versa Mark and gold embossed.  I embossed the background panel with a Sizzix snowflake embossing folder. The sentiment is a very old stamp and has no company name on it,  and the poinsettia is from my stash.    Well off to run errands.  Hope to see you later. Enjoy your day and I'd like to say Thank You for spending a minute of it here with me.

15 comments:

  1. Nice card, Donna! That embossing folder is one of my favorites! I love your poinsettia and the image looks great framed in that scalloped edge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're ahead of the game on Christmas cards now! This is so pretty, Donna. Love the embossing folder you used with this too.
    Have a great day - and weekend!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you elegant Christmas card. I might have to try that challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card: I love your snowflake embossing and that sweet tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like we had the same idea. I love your tree and pretty flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so elegant, Donna! I have to skulk about and feel guilty for a few minutes -- still haven't done one single Christmas card this year despite my promises to myself. Ah, well, maybe I'll do better when I get back home after 10 days away without internet or e-mail (or cardmaking!) I won't be ignoring you -- just out of touch with this modern world. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, I so envy you getting the jump on your Christmas cards! This is so pretty with that gorgeous embossing and simple sentiment! I thought about doing Christmas cards every week, but that's as far as I got with the plan so far :)
    Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love this card. It's classy and fun all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You could have all your Christmas cards done by July 4th! This one is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Donna,
    Thank you for sharing your elegant Christmas card! It is very pretty! I am happy you found Merry Monday and hope you will join in again. I am excited to be getting those Christmas cards done!! LOL! Enjoy your weekend.
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Donna - such a pretty card. I love the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the tip on the Christmas challenge. I was so behind in 2011 that I should really join in. Lovely work as always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clean and Classic! What a beauty of a card, Donna!!!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Donna, I LOVE Chirstmas cards any day of the year! Your red and white creation is wonderful. Love that snowflake embossing folder, use it so often. Just lovely.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the clean lines and the classic color combination!

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.