Sunday, September 30, 2012

S & S Sketch Challenge #140

Sunday means Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge.  This week is #140 and here is the sketch we are to start with.
And here is what I came up with.

I kind of cheated.  I just used one black panel and added two pieces of some alcohol ink paper I had in my stash.  I thought the colors went pretty well with the background panel which is from a SU 6 x 6 pad that I received as part of some blog candy.  The smaller hearts are from a MS border punch and the larger ones are from a Sizzix die.  The sentiment is from Studio G.  I just used my wavy cutter on the edges of the sentiment panels and I was done.
My day has been filled with food shopping and cooking for both tonight and for  company we are having over tomorrow night so not  too much time is being spent in my craft room today.  I do love to cook too, so it's not a bad day at all.  Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by.  I always appreciate seeing you all here.  

12 comments:

  1. It's not cheating! It's how you perceived the sketch, and that's what makes us crafters :) I love how you created 2 panels with that beautiful alcohol ink paper you make! The background looks great and so does the sentiment!
    Enjoy your company and your cooking. I've been in the kitchen most of the day too! It must be something in the air :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Donna, that's not cheating. [heeheehee, that's how I did mine.] I love your alcohol ink backgrounds, and this one goes so well with the dsp. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, this is so pretty! Like your "take" on the sketch and those wonderful hearts!
    (Also love your two previous cards! The HM image is so adorable and so is your card!)
    Enjoy your day.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card...love that sentiment...I cannot even think about v-day cards...tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the best cheating I've ever seen :) Hehe! Totally not cheating-- just a bit of creative license! Love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great background. I am going to try that "cheating thing" on my next card using this sketch. (He he) I like the sentiment too. Thanks for sharing your great creation.

    Sharon S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your idea was actually pretty clever. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna,

    I love your alcohol ink paper. It is so pretty. You're absolutely right that it is a perfect complement to the background paper. And, your little wavy edges are the perfect finishing touch.


    Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch challenge -- and for being such a loyal supporter of all of us fellow OWHers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to play with this sketch and get some cards made for my OWH box! Your card is just perfect, Donna. Bwah, ha, ha.....that is so not cheating! That, lovely lady, is using your noodle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Donna! Your card is so pretty! Love the hearts and your alcohol ink paper of course! Thanks SO much for your sweet comments at my blog today. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your alcohol ink backgrounds. They make great background paper! Very romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your take on the sketch, Donna! Great use of the wavy cutter and the hearts are just perfect. :-D

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.