Monday, September 3, 2012

VCMP Challenge #10

Here is the last card for me today.  Kathryn challenged us to make a  Home Sweet Home card.  (A card that represents your state).  I decided to use the Massachusetts state bird, which is a black-capped Chickadee.     My digital image is from Sweet N Sassy Stamps.

I colored it with Copics and cut it out with a SB die.  My paper is from the Basic Grey Indian Summer pad and I just added a strip of black card stock to change things up a little.  The flower is made up of felt and paper pieces and the leaves are made with a MS punch.  Three adhesive dots finish it off.
Thanks you for all your trips by here this weekend.  It was all very much appreciated.  See you again soon.  

13 comments:

  1. What a great image to have - I would be in a trick if I had to do something from Alabama! This is really pretty - great image and fun sketch! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the rich colors you used, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card...the diagonal stripe spices it up...sweet bird. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea what the MA state bird was. Thanks for teaching me about the state that's practically my second home. :) I love what you did with the stripe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty!! Your chickadee looks so pretty and I love that Indian Summer paper - one of my all-time favorites! The diagonal strip really adds a unique and dramatic look to this great card!
    I hope you had a fun day today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, this is a fantastic design and a beautiful image - hence, a wonderful card! Love the entire card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna this is just beautiful! What a stunning and elegant design :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that's one of the best chickadee images I've ever seen! Love the pink background paper. I have several Sweet n Sassy digis, but this one is going to get added to my collection. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna, you have been knocking these fab cards out. This is a beauty as well. Love the bird. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me again, love this car. Also just a note. thank you for your encouraging comments and sweet luv. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well aren't you clever, Miss Donna!! Love this image and your card turned out so nice.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.