Tuesday, October 9, 2012

HMFMC #130 ATC Turnabouts

WOW two posts one day - I'm on a roll.  This card is for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge found here  .  ACT turnabouts is what it is all about this week.

My image, "Nose To Nose In Flowers" and my sentiment, "Happy Place", are both from Stampabilities.   I stamped and colored the image with Copics then I reduced it enough to fit (with layers) the 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 size of an ATC.  Then I re-colored it as it seems to lose a lot of it's color when the image is reduced. The designer paper was from The Christmas Tree Shop.   I added a bow with an old  piece Wild Wasabi ribbon from SU.  I attached a small piece of the Dotted Scallop Ribbon punch and added 5 Topaz Swarovski Crystals along the top and bottom.  It is  hard to see in the photo, but IRL they sparkle nicely.  My sentiment was stamped with Versa Mark and embossed with black embossing powder to make it stand out more.     Well I think I'll take a short break now, then spend some time cleaning up the desk.  I can't believe how much of a mess I can make just doing two cards.  Enjoy your evening and thanks for coming by.  

15 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! This is so cute Donna and the image makes me smile like the happy face! The embossing really makes it stand out too. Precious card!
    Glad I'm not the only one with a messy desk! LOL!
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That great big smiley face just makes me smile right back :) I LOVE the happy feeling this card brings to those who view it. Lynn's reaction was a lot like mine :) The tilted placement of your ATC looks great! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a positive and affirming sentiment and it goes so well with this darling image. I so love your HM creations! Makes me smile!!! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, love this stamp, and that sentiment is perfect! Glad you made time to join us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge, love seeing what you come up with!

    My desk is a mess always, hate putting everything away, and I am terrible about it.
    Trying to reorganize my rooms, but it seems hopeless!!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a super choice of image and love the sentiment with the smile just great, thank you for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Donna :-) such a lovely image and the colours and simple layout are perfect :-)

    thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Donna, Your card is so sweet. The image is so precious and that is the perfect sentiment to pair with it. Beautiful soft colours.

    My desk gets messy if I just think about making a card:)

    Thanks for joining in at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge!

    Hugs, Dawn (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creation Donna, thanks for joining House Mouse & Friends challenge, good luck.
    Mousey Hugs
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Love the sentiment, and big happy face! Made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very sweet card with terrific layering and coloring. The saying is awesome! I love it! Your card is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Donna-I literally chuckled out loud when I opened up this post...that sentiment is perfect for this darling image. Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww this is so sweet! Love that beautifully colored House-Mouse image. What a GREAT ATC take. Thanks so much for always joining the fun at House-Mouse & Friends MC. We love your work. Good Luck and please come back next week for the Mousey Blog-Hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just a brilliant take as a ATC Donna, I love your colour scheme and gorgeous colouring of that adorable image.

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with House Mouse and Friends challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Donna a perfect image for the ATC chall theme..love the choice of colours love the sentiment & smile..lol

    Thanks for sharing with us at HM & Friends chall this time..come back Mon. for a surprise..

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. awwww... how sweet and perfect sentiment for this hm.

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.