Thursday, November 8, 2012

HMFMC #132 Getting Ready for Christmas

Hi All, Well we got 4 inches of snow last night and it is bitterly cold and windy this afternoon.  Saturday it is suppose to be in the high 60's.  This is just unbelievable.  Whatever the weather I am always in the mood for Christmas with the little meeces!
This week over at House Mouse and Friends we are to make a card that is Christmas related.
 It looks like these little guys are all pooped out from putting the lights on the tree. That's a lot of work so they deserve a short nap.  LOL  The image and sentiment are both from Stampabilities.    I colored the image with Copics and matted it with red and gold card stock.  I also used a scallop SB die.  The pine branches are made with a MS punch with three different shades of green.  I then spritzed some of them with Ritzy Ditzy spritz.  The bow is made with ribbon I've had for years and have no idea where I got it.  The pearls are by David Tutera Bridal Collection pearls that I picked up at JoAnn's.   I really need to take a photography class some day soon so I can get better pictures of these cards.  Hope you are all enjoying this week and will be able to do something fun over the weekend.  I hope to be back later with another challenge card.  Thank you so much for stopping by.

12 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL! Love the pine branches on here and your design! Precious image - and your entire card just sings!! So pretty, Donna.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute, and those mice look like I feel after putting lights on the tree. I agree, they deserve a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is just precious! I've never seen this darling image before, but you brought it to life with your great coloring skills! I love the ferns and pretty bow that dress this up perfectly for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, I love this delightful card. Great stamp, love the kitty and the mouse (why can't we all just get along!) and the coloring is awesome. Great papers and embellishments and that sentiment is perfect! Thanks for joining us and sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Nicely done.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh there is something so sweet about the meece and kittie images...love that they are just great friends! What wonderful boughs and a great use of your sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us and being such a loyal supporter of House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  6. adore the little kitty an your wonderful creation, think that the little meece is just so tired of preparing, love all your added leaves looks great, thanks for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just perfect for the new challenge over at HM! I love the spray of pines in the corner.... you can almost smell them! LOL! 70 degrees here for Monday... I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the spray in the corner.. really outstanding..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Donna :-) such a cute image and the pine branch detail is FAB !! LOVE IT :-)

    thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    p.s, the photo is fine but maybe if you crop it more so we get a closer view ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Donna! I love the sweet image you used! Pretty embellishments, too! Such crazy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    a beautiful card. Thanks for joining the getting ready for christmas House mouse challenge!

    Lyn- Guest designer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card Donna, I love your idea making the pine branch, lovely detail. Perfect image for our theme this time.Thanks for joining us again at the House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge.
    greetings Dorte

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.