Thursday, May 9, 2013

MWT - His & Hers

Today my cards are for the Stars & Stamps Mid Week Throw Down found here.  They have challenged us to make cards for both guys and gals.  This is what I came up with for my "his" card. I went with Chocolate Chip as my base color and the patterned paper is by Gina K.  I used SB pinked circles and a brad and eyelet from SU (both retired now).  I embossed them with the Swiss Dot folder.


This is my "her" card.  On this one I used two different designer papers.  The pink is by SU and the gold is by Gina K.  The flower is made up from SU's Blossom and Scallop punches and a MS flower punch with a SU brad.  Again I embossed with the Swiss Dot folder.  


That will do it for me today.  I wish I could say I would be working in the yard, but we have rain today, so I guess the house should have it's turn at getting cleaned.  I worked quite a few hours this past weekend on a scrapbook so I'm afraid I neglected a lot of things, so now it's catch up time.  I wish you all a great day and would like to say Thank You for stopping by.  

PS: I just noticed that I do not like that way this Gina K paper looks in print.  It is beautiful in real life.  Here it looks all smuggie (is that a word?) and bumpy, but you'll have to take my word for it, it's gorgeous paper. 

10 comments:

  1. Donna, love how you recreated the card for both guys and gals. Nice job!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Donna! These are great guy and gal cards! love that masculine one! And the flower on the gal card is so pretty! Love 'em!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cards...the first is yummy! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You nailed the challenge to create cards for men & women perfectly by making subtle, easy changes! I love the hardware on the masculine version, and of course that layered flower looks gorgeous! I really like the black center bloom with the white brad! Nice job on both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Donna, I like the embossing with the pretty flower and the medallion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The is a wonderful "His and Hers" set! Beautiful flower, and medallion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! I like how such a subtle switch in paper and color can alter the whole feel of a card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donna, really love your 'his n hers' cards..superb! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both so beautiful and elegant, love the layout and it's fantastic to see it in the two different colour schemes
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun challenge to do a similar card for a boy or girl. Yours are great and I love the sketch. I can tell that paper is beautiful and it looks super on both your cards. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.