Thursday, September 12, 2013

Marbleized Background

Hi  blogger friends,  We just returned yesterday from a few days camping in Vermont.  It rained most of the time, but we made the best of it anyway.  Well best for my Hubby as he beat me in every single card game we played. Good thing neither of us is competitive.  After I lost many, many games we took a nice long right to get some Apple Cider Donuts - YUMMM!!!!   So I have been taking a Background Technique class from Marie over at Color Me Creative and I'm having fun with it.  I need a bit more practice, but I thought I's make a card out of one of my attempts.
 I am having trouble letting the background shine, but as you all know by now, photography is not my thing.  Anyway in real life you can see the marbled effect.  So paired this up with some SU! green card stock and some retired d/p from SU! and came up with a card.  I added a little jewelry tag for the sentiment.     I'm off to try some more backgrounds.  I wish you all a super nice day.  We are having another hot, humid day here in Ma. but a storm and cold front are scheduled for this evening with a gorgeous weekend ahead.  Thanks so much for taking a peek.  

8 comments:

  1. I love your background and that beautiful butterfly. What a fun class to take. Sounds like your had a good time on your trip despite the rain.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, First things.. Love your babies so adorable!
    The perfect CAS card. Love the embossing, your butterfly is so pretty and the background turned out wonderful. Yes picture do not let the real beauty show.I can see your marbled effect and this is your first time and mine also, we will get much better.
    Huggs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Donna! Love the background you created! It's perfect with the pretty butterfly! Sorry it rained on your camping trip. It's still nice to get away, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a fun class!!! And yes, I can see the marbled effect too. SO VERY PRETTY!! Love the embossing and the beautiful butterfly too. Outstanding card!
    Camping - sounds like fun, come rain or shine! Glad y'all were able to get away and have some good times.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a fun time camping recently, and I too could play cards all day long!
    Your card looks so pretty with that gorgeous butterfly, and I'm glad you're having fun with the marbling background class! Great to see you creating cards again :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Donna!
    Glad you're back being crafty!
    I read back through the last couple posts!
    Great "LOVE' card!
    Of course the HM is priceless!
    This card is great, and the marbling looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo Hoo! Beautiful marbleization and gorgeus card. You did a perfect job! :D So glad you are liking the class! Your card is amazing. Butterflies and dragon flized are my passion!
    Hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - this is beautiful! I love the colors, the technique, and the pretty details on this. Lovely work! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.