Wednesday, October 16, 2013

MWT - Snow Much Fun

Midweek Throw Down at OWH is to make a Snow Much Fun card.  A card that will carry over through the winter months.  Here is my entry

My image and sentiment are both by Gina K Designs.  I colored the image with Copics and the sentiment was stamped directly onto the patterned paper with Versamark and then embossed with Black.   The patterned paper is out of a pack I got at Christmas Tree Shop.  The embossing folder is by Sizzix and the card stock is Temping Turquoise by SU!  My husband recently retired from the Electric Company after 45 years of working very long hours during snow storms so he is patiently waiting for our first storm ( he actually wants a blizzard) of the year so he can sit back and enjoy without working.  I think I'll make another card like this for him.  He will get a kick out of it, I'm sure.  I wish you all a fun filled day.  Thanks for taking a peek here today.  See you soon.

17 comments:

  1. Donna, this is adorable and would be a sure winner for your hubby, too. I understand what he means about wanting a HUGE snow and why. HAHAHA What a cute sentiment on your card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet card! Love that image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still smiling about your hubby wanting it to snow now!!! Does he realize he's going to have to shovel it even though he doesn't have to work in it! LOL!
    CUTE card and love that background paper. Precious little snowman!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun card Donna, I get why your husband wants it to snow... but I absolutely dread it!!! Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Love the paper- too funny about your husband... tell him to hold off on the wish for snow for a while longer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable Donna, and I love that super cute image! Oddly enough, Butch & I were discussing retirement today and he said "I wish some days I was still working, but when it snows, I can sit back, grin and laugh as I don't have to go out and deal with it anymore - that's the best part of retirement!" GMTA! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colors, Donna! It's so cute and "chilling" at the same time :-) I appreciate the coloring on the penquin - super job! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a little cutie, Donna! Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a darling card. Love the sweet image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great paper score at the Christmas Tree Shop! There is one near my house, I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Donna- great image and coloring-so sweet! Congrats to your hubby on retiring- as a nurse- I too have to work all the snow days-- so I totally understand where he is coming from! I long for the day when I can stay home and enjoy the beauty of the snow- rather than curse having to shovel out in the wee hours of the morning! When the first snow flies-- I will try to remember that some people- like your husband- will be happy about it! Lol. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL about your husband! I grew up out in the country, and boy, our heroes were the electric linemen. Same when we got snowed in without power during an ice storm here three years ago. He definitely deserves to enjoy his retirement!

    As for the card, it is too, too cute. I love the image, your coloring, your paper choice, and the sentiment, with him sitting there all ready to slide down hill when the snow comes, made me smile. Super card, as always, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to hubby! I would do the same thing he is doing if I were him! Your card is darling - cute image, great embossing, and fun sentiment. I hope it snows here too - it rarely does - but I am ready for it! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.