Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Deedee 's February Digi of the Month Challenge

Well we are into a new month and that means it's time for a new challenge over at Deedee Anderson's site.  This set is just as precious as can be.  I adore this little turtle with his balloon and he comes with a great array of sentiments.  Here is what I came up with for this set.
I used the pre-colored version, but it also comes in a line drawing so you can color it yourself. I cut the image out with a SB die and  I traced around the inside of the die with a black pen.  I added little banners using colors that were close to colors on the turtle's shell.  I made a bigger banner to house the adorable sentiment that I just printed  and punched out with SU! punches.  The paper is retired SU!  I used the Swiss dot embossing folder on all the banners and added some gold stickers by Dazzles.

If you played in Deedee's January's challenge you will receive this darling set free and if not you can purchase it at a very reasonable price or get it free by just ordering $10 worth of images from Deedee.  When you play this month you will receive next month's set free and you will have until March 2nd to enter so that gives you plenty of time to decide how you are going to use this set.  He could be used for birthday, everyday, just saying Hello, so many choices.  I can't wait to see your cards.  Thanks for your visit and I wish you a great day.

12 comments:

  1. Super cute card Donna! Love that design you used with all the cute banners.
    Hope y'all aren't buried in all the snow up that way yet!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, Donna! Great colors and papers with the cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute and sweet Turtle. I love the colors that was used on him. I love to use pre-colored when I am short of time. I am just now finding time to get into commenting. I've missed seeing your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cute - love the sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these colors are perfect with that turtle! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww, you've made such a cute card with this turle image! I love all the embossed banners and how you added a sentiment that makes it an every day card! I love those colors too! We're keeping our fingers crossed for the snow/sleet/ice storm coming overnight. Many power outages are predicted :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card, such a cute image! Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an adorable card Donna, such a cute image and I love the banners.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Donna, this is so adorable! I am looking forward to doing this one, also! I love how you have used this image!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, LOVE the polka dots and Swiss Dots, Donna! The pre-colored version of this one appeals to me, too, but I'm sure that has something to do with the purple hat. Love purple and green together and this one is fabulous. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, how did I miss all these wonderful cards. Had a busy week last week...........Love this cute turtle with his balloon. Such a sweet image and love the card you made with it.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.