Thursday, February 6, 2014

W2SB #2 - The Colours of the World

Hi I'm here today with my card for the second challenge over at W2SB .  Bobbi and Sybrina are two very sweet ladies that have started this challenge site so in the event you missed it last month, I'd like to suggest you hop on over there and join in on the fun and show these girls some love and support.     This month they are asking us to make something Olympics related.  I struggled with this one at first, but then decided to just make a  card that incorporated the colors of the Olympic rings.   It's not my favorite card, but here it is because my MoJo must have gone to Sochi for the games and left me sitting here without a creative thought in my head.  LOL

I started out making circles to represent the Olympic rings and had hearts inside each ring, but then I switched from rings to hearts.  I used all SU! card stock and my sentiment is by Studio G. The embossing folder is Fancy Fan which is also by SU!   Hopefully my Mojo will return quickly from Sochi to help me come up with another card for this challenge.  I'd like to wish you all a great day and thank you for taking the time to stop by.  See you again soon. 

17 comments:

  1. Sweet card...I have that sentiment and it is perfect for this card. tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out fantastic, Donna! Love the embossed background and the hearts in Olympic colors! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interpretation of the challenge!!! Love how you used the colors and layout of the Olympic flag. Thanks for playing along with us on the February Challenge at Words2ScrapBy.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the Olympic challenge, Donna. Your colors really pop against all the white. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Donna. Love the CAS design and lovely embossed background xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, this is a great card for the Olympic Challenge. My mojo left with yours as I have not a clue on what to make for this challenge, but hopefully a thought will come to me soon! LOL. This is really a great card and could be used for a Valentine! I love it!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it Donna! I don't think your mojo left you at all. I love that the hearts represents the Olympic rings. And I love the cute tiny hearts on the larger hearts. The embossing looks so pretty and I love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Representing the world in your sentiment - clever. Love the hearts within the hearts. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Donna, you are SO clever to use the Olympic colors this way! I love how you interchanged the teeny tiny hearts within the larger hearts too! Great card, with a fantastic sentiment! Oddly enough, I made my card for this Olympic challenge this afternoon too! I started with rings, and switched to different idea too! LOL Stay warm, and I hope you're enjoying some much-needed sunshine!
    Mary Anne just called and her power's out and won't be back on until Sunday :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna, your mojo is just fine!! In fact, I think it's great! Love the way you did those hearts in the Olympic colors and placement. Very creative and pretty! All in all, a sensational card!
    Hope you're staying warm in safe in the deep freeze up there!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a brilliant card for the challenge Donna, I love your embossed background and hearts and your sentiment is perfect.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna, I sure wish I could create something like this when I'm low on mojo. This is wonderful! Love how you played off the flag design, incorporated hearts within hearts, and used different embossings. And, then you stamped a "world" sentiment?! Thanks so much for the shout out and for joining us for our 2nd W2SB challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous idea, Donna! I have been thinking about this one for awhile! I just love what you have done! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The hearts are so fun with the pretty embossing Donna :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Doesn't look like your mojo left Donna! This is fabulous! Love the hearts in place of the rings and love the addition of the tiny hearts also. The beautiful embossed bkgrd sets everything off!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so positive and sweet! I see MOJO all over this! It is wonderful and affirming! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Donna, your mojo is intact. This is such a sweet card, and love how you used the hearts and the sentiment is perfect.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.