Tuesday, January 13, 2015

You Anchor Me

I've been working on cards for OWH for the past couple of days and here is one that I like myself.
Shhh! I think I'll make another one of these for Hubby as he does anchor me.


Both the image and the sentiment are by Deedee Anderson's set titled "Set Sail".  You can find it in her store under "Seasons/Summer" section.  Right now everything in Deedee's store is on sale, so now is the time to grab up this image and many more.  

My papers, embossing folder and the punch are all by SU, however the paper is retired.  I thought this would be a great card for some family member to receive from a hero that is away.     It was super easy to make which is always a plus.  That will be it for posting today as I am hoping to spend the rest of the day at the desk making cards.  I've got a bunch of ideas rolling around in my head for the Sailor Daniel image.  Thanks a bunch for your visit.  

16 comments:

  1. Love it, my Dad was a Navy man, so we always loved anything with an anchor! What a great card for a Hero or your hubs, who is your Hero!

    Love the embossing, gives such great texture. Enjoy your day at your desk, Donna, so good to see you back and creating.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you'd like it - because I do too!!! VERY cute and love the design on this. Love the embossing on the white!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful, Donna!! Your papers are beautiful and I love that set of Deedees!! I will have to go shopping!!
    Stay warm!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving this card Donna! It is great for OWH and I think it is great for couples too, because I think couples always anchor each other. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful card, Donna!
    That's another set that I picked up and can't wait to play with! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one turned out so great with that anchor image! I really love the embossed texture and especially the colors! The diagonal lines are so pleasing to the eye! Great job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is wonderful, very creative layout, the center paper is perfect. Your embossing adds that great texture.
    Hugs, Pat/♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card Donna, perfect for a male, your papers and embossed panel are just right for the anchor image and sentiment.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Donna! Love the sentiment too! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The perfect masculine beauty for the nautical enthusiast. Sweet image that Dee Dee has created. Beautifully designed.
    Hugs
    Berni
    Have a wonderful dyay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great nautical themed card Donna, love the design and what a great sentiment, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful masculine card. I love nautical themed cards so I love this card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a brilliant design for OWH, Donna! And how sweet and wonderful that you feel that way about your hubs and will make him a card, too! He's a lucky guy to have you!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. Donna, this is a great card. What a fab sentiment - that is one of the ultimate compliments you could give someone isn't it? Wow. Love this. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is nothing like the love of a good man. This is a great way to show him. The anchor just caught my eye as my BF's grandson, just came home from the Navy from Japan. Love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the diagonal in this design, Donna. Great sentiment and lovely paper choices!

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.