Thursday, February 26, 2015

Lotus Blossom

Happy Thursday everyone.  Well we had three inches of snow yesterday and just about one inch earlier today.  Yesterday's snowfall brought us over the 100 inch mark in the area.  So I'm hoping that if I continue to make summer type cards, the snow will start to melt away.  I don't know if  Mother Nature feels the same way I do, but I'll keep trying anyway.    I see that my friends in the south are having bad weather also.  I do hope you all warm up soon and stay safe.
I finally decided to try making a card using SU! Lotus Blossom set.  I've had the set for a few weeks now, but this set intimidated me a little bit so I kept putting off using it.  I was quite surprised as it was really easy to work with.   I tried several flowers in different colors but, so far, I only finished one card.  I needed a special card for a friend but opted to not put a sentiment on the front of the card.  Here is what I came up with.
I was kind of pleased with how it turned out.  This image is made using three different stamps to achieve the dimension on the flower and then the stem is separate.  I just used two different colors but on the one of the layers I stamped off to get a little bit lighter color.  The papers are from my stash and the mats are SU! Basic Black.  That will do it for me today, I wish you all a great evening.  Thanks a bunch for visiting.  

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Donna, your Lotus Blossom looks so dimensional and I love your spring colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna. I just got that set and have yet to try it. You did a gorgeous job with it. Hope you are going to get some snow melt. We live just a few miles from Boulder, CO and they said they have broke the record for the most snow in February (and it's not over yet). Only good thing about Colorado is when the sun comes out it does melt fast. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, pretty in these spring colors. Like the way you've done the bkgrnd papers too. It really frames the lovely yellow flower. I have this set too, but not used it yet. It turned out swell in the colors you selected. We had snow yesterday evening and again today. It's melting pretty fast though. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll start making as many spring and summer cards as I can to help out Mother Nature for you too Donna! Too much snow!!!

    Love that flower and it's gorgeous in all the yellow. Such a beautiful color combination and design for it. Love the focal point being nothing but the flower. Outstanding!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous Donna! I love how the stamped image steals the spotlight with it's beautiful simplicity! Great card, and as for the snow..........all I can say is ohhhhhhhh nooo, not again!!!! It snowed here today but didn't accumulate, but they're calling for another snowfall this weekend............sigh :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stamped image...very pretty and the papers really help it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an exquisite flower, my friend ! You just keep making those spring cards -- it'll get here someday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, love the colors, feels like the sun shinning on me.
    Wonderful card.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.