Wednesday, April 8, 2015

W2SB #16 & SOS

W2SB and Shopping Our Stash are doing a combined challenge this week.  The theme  is "The Earth Has Music" the sights and sounds of spring.  I went with the "sights" of spring being beautiful flowers.  I have another friend that is retiring soon so I made her this card last night.  This card came about because I saw this paper in my stack of trusty 2007 Scrap Book Calendar papers.  To me this soft, sweet flowered paper seemed just right for these two challenges and I thought my friend would like this paper also.  I knew immediately what I wanted to do with it and that doesn't happen that often so when it does I have to act right away.


I thought this paper was so pretty so I matched it up with SU's Wild Wasabi Card Stock.  First I matted it both inside and out and then I dug out my (all too neglected) SB Scalloped Edgeabilities to add a fancy strip along the bottom. The sentiment, by Hero Arts, was stamped with Versa-mark and embossed with black powder to help it stand out against the printed paper.   After rounding all the top corners I added the sequins as a final touch.  The inside is stamped "Let the relaxation begin - Happy Retirement" which is a retired SU set.  I'm kind of pleased at how it turned out and I hope my friend will like it also.  I know, for sure, she will enjoy her retirement and we will be able to have more lunch dates now.  
Don't forget to stop by both W2SB and Shopping Our Stash this week and join in on the fun.  
Thanks for taking a peek into my little corner of the world and I wish you all a fabulous Wednesday.    

15 comments:

  1. Really pretty paper and perfect with the colour cardstock. I bet your friend will love this card xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Donna! This is so soft and pretty! Very nice design and very well excuted! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful retirement card Donna! I love that calender paper, so pretty. I also love your fancy bottom border. think your friend will love it, but I think she will love having lunch dates with you even more! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Donna, your papers are so pretty and your scalloped border is perfect. - a lovely design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!, Donna! Gorgeous paper and a spectacularly simple design. Love the scalloped border cut. My apologies for being MIA on my visits but the major computer problems might be solved finally. Just got my new computer up and running and it's taking me a while to learn this totally new operating system (grrrr.) I'm still missing a couple of major software programs which I need for my photographs and my printer. Haven't had time to comment on everything you've done during my absence but I'll get caught up one of these days (in about 5 years!) :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful Donna, and I agree - that paper is gorgeous and so spring-like with those delicate flowers! I love the fancy border and especially the rounded corners! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very soft and pretty!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donna! With beautiful paper like that, you don't need much more!! A gorgeous card!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done - that paper is fabulous - and I love how you used the border punch. My punches are also (sadly) neglected. Thanks for joining us at Words 2 Scrap By!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a sweet beauty that is soft and elegant. Fab DP. Have a wonderful weekend. I am leaving for a trip out of the country to Israel. So I will see you when I get back.
    Hugs
    Berni

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! I love the soft pretty colours!
    Thanks for playing along with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our joint "The Earth Has Music" challenge with Words 2 Scrap By!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Donna, this is gorgeous! I've been looking at your beautiful cards from this week, sorry I haven't visited, it's been a hectic week and blogging had to take a back seat,hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Donna what s fab card it's gorgeous

    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what gorgeous paper! It does all the work for you! You don't need much more to complete this card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Donna!

    What a pretty card! Your newly-retired friend is going to love it. :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Words 2 Scrap By!

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.