Friday, May 6, 2016

Mother's Day

Hi Everyone,  No I did not fall off the face of the earth.  It's just seems that way.  I haven't been making cards at all lately until this morning.  I was helping friends pack up to move and then they stayed here with us for a few days while waiting for their "move in date".    Just no time for blogging so I apologize for not visiting anyone in the past few weeks.  I will try to get around to everyone  over the weekend.  I made a quick Mother's Day card for my MIL and thought I'd take a moment to share it with you.
I used all things from my stash, the papers, the sentiment and the flower.  I tried to punch a strip with a MS punch and my intention was to have about a 1/4 of inch in the middle of the double punching but I cut it very close as you can see and I ended up with this.  It doesn't line up but I kind of liked how it turned out anyway.  Thank goodness my MIL's eyesight is not what it used to be so hopefully she won't notice.  I'd like to wish everyone of you who are Mothers a wonderful Mother's Day.   
 

13 comments:

  1. It's lovely to see you Donna, I'm glad you are OK.
    Such a pretty card, lovely papers - I'm sure your MIL loved her card.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sight isn't what it used to be either but I LOVE it! SO pretty and that big bloom is just gorgeous. I guarantee she will love this.
    You really have been busy! Glad all is going ok with you though.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad all is well with you - as I noticed your absence and have missed you! This is such a pretty card for your MIL, and I actually really like how that punched border turned out! It looks like it was cut with an intricate die and I might have to try to copy that trick! Sometimes the mistakes are the best parts of a card! Happy Mother's day to you too - I sure hope you're lucky enough to get some sunshine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're back from your visitors and can now relax?????

    Beautiful card for the MIL, bet she loves it. Thought you had placed the dies beautifully UNTIL I read it was a boohoo! LOL
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a wonderful friend and what a nice thing to do and sometimes it is nice to get away for awhile. Lovely card, pretty paper, border and flower.
    Hugs Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful dp for the background, Donna, and lovely flower. I adore the rounded corners! I wonder why I don't do that more often - it always looks so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just very glad you are okay. Happy Mother's Day and I am sure she will love this pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Donna. Good to see you back in the cardmaking mode. Pretty card. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful, Donna!! I know your MIL will just love it!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad all is well, and you are enjoying life. Pretty card for your MIL for Mother's Day. Hope you had a nice Mother's Day as well. I know two fur babies that love their Mama everyday.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it came out wonderfully - if you hadn't told me I would have thought it was all part of your design plan. Pretty flower and sweet card - I know she loved it. Missed ya - I have been crazy busy too and haven't been able to blog as much as I want to either. Hope you had fun with your company. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it came out wonderfully - if you hadn't told me I would have thought it was all part of your design plan. Pretty flower and sweet card - I know she loved it. Missed ya - I have been crazy busy too and haven't been able to blog as much as I want to either. Hope you had fun with your company. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.