Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Christmas Card

Hi Everyone,  My computer crashed a while ago which is one of the reasons why I've been MIA.  The other reason was because I was feverishly making cards for the Caring Hearts Drive ( got a very late start) and felt it more  important to make them than to post them.  This is an experimental posting.  I am now on windows 10 and I am not very computer literate so this is taking me some time to figure out what I'm doing and how to do things.    I did a production run of this card  and they are already on there way  and I'm trying my first run with this computer. 

I could not get a good picture of it because I used Shimmer Spritz on the front and it doesn't photograph well at all, at least not for me.  We all know photography is not my thing.    The stamps are very old ones.  The holly is from Outlines and I honestly don't know who made the sentiment stamp because I removed it from the wooden base and forgot to mark it.  I colored the sentiment stamp with SU! markers before stamping and I colored the holly with Copics.   I would like to wish  all of you who celebrate Thanksgiving a very Happy, Healthy one.  Thanks so much for popping in to say hello.   

12 comments:

  1. A Lovely card with lots of shimmer, love the holly and the sentiment.
    I'm so glad you are up and running with your new computer :)
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super Christmas card Donna, I like the sentiment stamped in the two colours and your CAS design is fabulous.
    Now that I have got used to Windows 10 I really like it - it just takes a while to find everything at first.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna! That's too bad about your computer but on the bright side, you got a new one!!I think your card is just lovely and I can see the shimmer! Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!
    Hugs!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous christmas card Donna. Love the shimmer and stamping in red and green.
    Hope you soon figure out Windows 10 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How kind you are to make these cards for such a worthy drive, and much more important than blogging etc. Your card is lovely and elegant with the simple design. Love that bright holly border with the verse, and the shimmer shows beautifully & sparkling. Good job, and good luck with Win10. I had to revert back to win7, and dread when I have to upgrade. I know lots of folks who are loving win10 however. (I'm just not one of them!) TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Donna... I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    I think your card is gorgeous, and I see lots of shimmer and shine! I'm glad you're creating again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I found your blog again by clicking your name!!! Congrats on figuring out the Windows 10! This is so beautiful, and I love the simplicity in the design and traditional colors! It's beautifully done, and I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful! So sorry I'm bouncing in here so late, but the wishes are sincere :) Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what bad luck with your computer. Windows 10 changes all the time, they just do what they want....ugh..and not always to your liking. Glad you are back up and running, What a simply beautiful card. Love the border and the sentiment. I am also making cards to send to children who will be in the hospital on Christmas. Almost done, want to get them in the mail over the weekend. Good luck with the computer, Donna. Hope your babies are doing well.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Christmas and new Years card is gorgeous. I really need to start mine!

    Sorry to hear about your computer. I know it can be really frustrating. I hope your holiday is wonderful. Hugs!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute Christmas card, Donna. Hope you get your computer issues resolved. You will love 10 when you get used to it. Love your prioritization - helping others over posting. Sweet girl!!! Hugz and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Donna, I just popped back to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you had a nice, enjoyable Christmas. My hands have not been cooperating for coloring on my cards, so I have been giving them a rest. I adore this beautiful card, Donna. Great sentiment and gorgeous shine! Here is to a wonderful 2017.

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.